We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and the Trammell Orthodontic Team is looking forward to resuming patient appointments. Your safety and the safety of our community is our primary concern. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We want to let you know what we are doing to protect you in and around our practice right now, as well as update you on initiatives we are taking. You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients, our patient families, our community and our team. For now, we are operating as follows:
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. We will send you a link with your office appointment reminder (text or email). If you only receive phone voice reminders, you will need to go to this link https://www.orthoii-forms.com/SupplementalHealthQuestionnaire.aspx?culture=en-US&custid=2050 to answer the screening questions. Regardless of how you get to the link, please complete the screening questionnaire at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment. This questionnaire will need to be repeated for all appointments in the near future.
- If you answer yes to any of the health screening questions, please do not come to your appointment. Please call us and we will gladly accommodate you with a new appointment.
- We ask that you text our office cell phone upon your arrival 541-520-7818. We will stop using the sign-in computer. We will check you in manually at the front desk upon receiving your text. When we are ready for the patient we will text back to have the patient enter.
- Ideally, just the patient will enter the office for their appointment. However, we know that will not work in all cases. For a parent who waits in their car, please assume that no treatment update news from us is good news that your child’s treatment is advancing normally. We will contact you as needed for any treatment updates.
- When parents are accompanying children, we ask that only one parent, rather than both, attend with your child.
- For all those entering the office, please bring your personal mask/cover. Additionally, we will be taking temperatures with a forehead thermometer.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Instead of using our tooth brushing area, please brush your teeth at home. The tooth brushing area is closed and will now be a hand washing station.
- Following published CDC guidelines of “social distancing” to help stop the unintended spread of COVID-19, we are closing our reception area to non-patients and non-essential family members
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time
- Please respect our office policy of “by appointment only” as we will not be accepting “walk-in” patients to minimize wait time. Call our office to schedule before coming.
- Instead of waiting at the front desk to schedule your next appointment, this can be done by phone, email, or text.
- Unlike many public environments, our clinic remains a very safe space to continue administering care, as we are constantly disinfecting our facility and equipment by following CDC, and State of Oregon regulations and recommendations pertaining the dental care setting.
- We are equipped with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- No team member displaying symptoms or that have any potential exposures will be allowed in the office.
- We have essentially eliminated treatments creating aerosols.
- In addition to our standard levels of hospital-grade sterilization and disinfection after every patient visit, our team is disinfecting common areas regularly, including waiting room chairs, front desk and restrooms
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
–Dr. Trammell and Team